How to write professional Email

 

 

 

Basics before writing an email

1.    To whom I want to send an e-mail (manager, colleague,) in order to specify the writing style (formal, unformal)
2. The degree of knowledge of the recipient for the required degree of clarification.
3. What do I expect from him as an answer (approval, rejection, support, Informing)

 

Important Notes

·         Do not write in (CC or Sent to field) (Person who will receive you message) until completing all the required details of your email to avoid sending un-completing Email before checking and reviewing process.

·         Choosing the proper text font and adding Email signature which include all communication information including (Name, Position, Email, Phone Number, etc.)

 

Email Title/subject line: Describe a brief message on Email content (Brief & Valuable).

 

Recipients of a message

To

The concerned person/s who must review the email and take action (reply) or at least keep it in mind/for informing.

 

BCC & CC

The acronyms that you will see as option in your email.

CC stands for “Carbon Copy” (you use it when you want to send a message not only to the main addressee but also to other interested parties   also it is the person/s who received the email for informing only, he is not required to reply the email/ just for reviewing or for archive only.

BCC stands for “Blind Carbon Copy”: On certain occasions you may prefer that everyone doesn’t see all the recipients of a message.

 

Greeting

(Dear/s), (Hi), (Hi there), (Hello), (Hello there), (Dear Sir or Madam), (To Whom It May Concern), (Hey), (Happy Friday!!! Or Welcome to Monday) + (The name) + ( , )

 

I hope you are doing well, I hope this (email/message) (finds/meets) you well, I hope all is well. 


Introduction/ (Examples)

 

ü  I am sending this email (to inform you)/ (to tell you)/ (to let you know) that, I have created a tracker for our activities to be used by our staff. Please/kindly, (review the attached file)/ (find the attached file for your review) and (let me know what you think)/ (Please do let me know of what do you think).

ü  I read your article about [topic] in [outlet] last week. You hit the nail on the head when you said…

ü  I learned last week that Awesome Startup got VC funding. You must be energized by what lies ahead!

ü  Congratulations on publishing 80 Shades of Green last week! I’m sure it’s thrilling to have the product of your creative labors out in the world.

 

·         Kindly find the attached file as (you requested) / (you wanted)/ (upon your request)

 

·         Your quick response is highly appreciated.

 

 

 

(Sign out off on)/ (End) an Email

(Best Regards), (Regards), (with all my best wishes), (best wishes), (Wishes), (Yours sincerely), (Kind regards), (Thank you), (Warm wishes), (With gratitude), (Many thanks).

 

 

 

 

Email Abbreviations 

ASAP = As Soon As Possible

GL (Green Light) = Do it = Approved

EOD = End of a 24-hour day (i.e., midnight) = closing time of a particular business.

EOM = End of message (people often use this in the subject line to save readers the trouble of opening an email unnecessary. For instant, you can leave the rest of the email blank if your subject line says “Budget meeting 18/12/2021 at 11 am (EOM).

FWD = Forward message.

FYI = for your information.

Ms., Mrs., Miss. = Woman (without relevant if there are married of single.

NRN = No reply necessary.

OOO = Out of office (you can add it to your auto-reply signature to let your coworkers and others know that you are out of the office.

KFA = Kindly find attached.

FYI = for your information.

BS = Best regards.

 

 

تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

50 سؤال عن مقابلات العمل